Winner of the Southern Drakensberg Trip for 4 in a Toyota Fortuna from Rivonia – DAVID BLACKEY
Wow wonderful prize to win! Spending a great adventure in the Berg with his family courtesy of N3 Gateway
Winner of the MSC Cruise for 4 to the Portuguese Islands! – MARINA PLATE
Marina is looking forward to enjoying the cruise with her family.
Cape Union Mart
N3 Gateway, Rivonia Toyota, Obikwa Wine Bar, Sanparks Honorary Rangers, Mangwanani Spa, Crawlz 4×4 Accessories, Dunkeld Equestrian & Spa, Cape Nature Conservation, 136 Kofi and CACH (Campaign Against Canned Lion Hunting)
Gauteng Tourism, Jurgens, Conqueror Trailers, Echo 4×4 Centre, Wildlife & Exotic Resorts Collection, Nitecore SA, Birdlife SA, Bunique, Clamber Club, Mopani Bush Lodge, Bourbon Eyewear and Sparkling Waters Hotel & Spa/Magaliesberg Canopy Tours
Winchester Marketing, Stanford Lake College, Takla, Palala Rhino, Pick n Paint Ceramic, Kobus se Gat, Earth Probiotic, Atlasware, Minx Marketing, Curry in a Hurry, EPA, Green Fire Ignitor, Silver Fox, LA Sport and MSC Cruises
- Just wanted to congratulate you and the team on your side. The last expo was certainly the best ever and we enjoyed it immensely! Well done! – Rick
- I just wanted to say thank you for your open arms to me. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the expo and thanks for introducing me to some amazing people. You doing an amazing job – Anton
- NSRI (National Sea Rescue Institute) – Marisa Marais: Thank you for hosting us, we had a good run at the expo.
- PALALA RHINO SANCTUARY – Selomi Maritz: On behalf of the rhinos we would like to thank Shirley Shearer once again for a stunning show. So much awareness was made with the help of Rhino SA. Palala once again was amazed how every show is just getting bigger and better.
- MOGALLYWOOD BREWERY – Roeks & Lauran: Thanks again for adventures weekend at the Expo. The balance between the 2 beer suppliers and the visitors work perfect. Please keep it that way. See you next year.
- CACH (Campaign Against Lion Hunting) – Chris Mercer & Bev Pervan: We were immensely grateful to be given a stand in the NGO section of the Outdoor Expo this year. This was our first stand of this magnitude and we were not sure what to expect. The response from the public was fantastic and we were kept extremely busy talking with visitors, being filmed by CNN and Discovery/Animal Planet and educating people about the plight of lions in captivity. It was extremely heartening to see how many children were keenly interested and promised to take what they had learned back to their class mates. The passion these children showed for our wildlife bodes well for the future.
Our daily talks in Speakers Corner were well received and a lot of awareness was created as a result.
The Outdoor Expo gave us a tremendous amount of exposure that we would not ordinarily have had and was most certainly worth the tired feet at the end. Many thanks to Shirley and her team for inviting us and for putting on a great show.
The Expo is over, it all seemed to come and go so fast. Our CACH Jo’burg team are exhausted but exhilarated. We would all like to thank you for the opportunity to be at your Expo. There was a lot of interest and our team handled it all with professionalism. Please go to our website for Linda’s report and to see some of the teams pictures: www.cannedlion.org/cachjoburg.html
The canned lion issue is poorly understood and very few South Africans, even those in conservation, are able to connect the dots to see the connection between captive breeding, cub petting, walking with lions, hunting tame lions and the extinction of wild lions in Africa. Your Expo was an excellent platform to educate interested people. We thank you profoundly for your important contribution to this pressing issue.
We hope that you will continue to support us next year and thereafter.
The 2014 Gauteng Outdoor Expo- Eco, Adventure and Travel Experiences and Events for the whole family (including the four-legged members) Johannesburg, February 2014- Gather all your friends and family and head to The 2014 Gauteng Outdoor Expo, Waterfall Polo Estate Midrand, May 30- 1 June. The Outdoor Eco Adventure and Travel Expo has been an annual event for the past 22 years and offers Jozi-goers the opportunity to escape the concrete jungle and experience the outdoors in their own backyard. The event not only offers people information on where to go and what to do in SA’s great outdoors but equips you with the correct tools to make the most of your outdoor experience. From camping, climbing, hiking or enjoying the tranquillity of a South African sunset, The Outdoor Expo has it all, from camping kits, caravans and trailers, with experts lending their advice and instruction on how to best enjoy all that this magnificent country has to offer. With the best gear for on-the-go , The Outdoor Expo has representatives from all of SA’s provinces on hand to give you the low down on adventure activities, special events and outdoor getaways taking place across this country, allowing for you to plan your next adventure, family holiday or romantic escape. Despite the vast amount of accessories and information available, there will be events and demonstrations for adults and kids alike. For the brave, there are snake and spider demonstrations, lion cubs, A K9 show off and pony rides and many more exciting events to keep the whole family entertained. This year also sees the first ever Paw Parade- a special 2km walk around the Waterfall Estate with man’s best friend. With proceeds going to the SPCA and SA Guide Dogs come and be a part of this exceptionally worthy cause. Once you have worked up a thirst, marvel in a speciality craft beer or enjoy a bite to eat with some superbly selected food and wine. This year also sees the addition of the MTB track. So jump on your bike and pedal furiously for half price entry to the Expo! In honour of Father’s Day just around the corner, a special Dad’s and Kid’s Camp Out is being offered as part of this outdoor adventure. Set up camp on Saturday and get ready for a night jammed-packed with activities and entertainment to delight, involving astronomy insights, animal talks and games. Not only is this a great way for dad’s and kid’s to bond with a taste of the great outdoors but gives mom a much-needed break. The Outdoor Expo is a riveting and exciting day out- giving you the opportunity to escape the stresses of everyday life and for at least one day, while you plan for even greater escapes, enjoy a sampling of the great outdoors, right here in Johannesburg’s great North.